This article on top7business.com points out a few reasons that Mailing Lists still work for people. It starts out like this:
Yes, it is true – if you aren’t taking advantage of Internet marketing and social media, you are missing 80% of the mortgage market. This statistic has led a lot of marketing experts to sound the death knell for direct mail or print marketing. Reports of the death of mortgage direct mail marketing are greatly exaggerated. Here are some reasons direct and print mail marketing still work in a Web 2.0 world.
The article then goes on to list seven reasons that mortgage direct mail marketing still works. A few of those reasons include:
1. Direct mail doesn’t have to be expensive.
2. Direct mail is highly effective under the radar marketing.
3. Direct mail helps you stand out from the crowd.
4. Direct mail allows you to reach out to people who haven’t opted-in to your online marketing.
5. If you market reverse mortgages, you should be using direct mail.